Policies of the St. Tammany Parish Library
Library Cards Borrowing InterLibrary Loan
Hold Requests Renewals Fines
Materials Display Policy Meeting Room Policy Internet Policy
Policy on Unattended Children
- Library cards are free of charge to residents of St. Tammany Parish.
- Children must be at least 5 years old to obtain a library card.
- A picture ID and proof of address must be shown to obtain a library card. (Children under 16 excluded.)
- A child's parent or legal guardian must be present to obtain a library card, if the child is 17 years of age or younger.
- A St. Tammany Parish library card may be used at any of our branches.
- Non-residents of St. Tammany Parish may purchase an out of parish library card for an annual fee of $30.00.
- Replacement cards are $3.00 each.
- No one may check out library materials without a library card in hand.
- There are no limits to the amount of items borrowed at one time.
- Anyone with fines in excess of $5.00 or items more than 2 weeks overdue, may not borrow any additional items until the fines have been paid or the items returned.
- Children under the age of 17 may not borrow NC-17 and R Rated videos without their parent or legal guardian's consent.
- Items can be returned to any branch.
Books - 28 days
DVDs - 7 days
Audio books - 28 days
CDs - 28 days
If the St. Tammany Parish Library does not own a particular item, we can attempt to borrow it from another library system through InterLibrary Loan.
- Items that can be borrowed include books, audios, videos and microfilm.
- Photocopies of magazine and newspaper articles may also be requested.
- We do not borrow genealogy materials through ILL. However, the Covington Branch of the St. Tammany Parish Library is now a Family History Center, and microfilm may be borrowed from the Family History Library
in Utah, for a fee.
- Items may take several weeks to be delivered.
- There is a limit of 5 open ILL requests and 10 ILL items on loan at any one time.
- There is a $1.00 per day fine for InterLibrary Loan items returned late.
- Hold requests can be placed on any item in the St. Tammany Parish Library's collection, with the exception of non circulating materials.
- Hold requests may be placed at the library, by telephone or by using our online library catalog.
- Any circulating item may be renewed once, as long as no one else has requested the item.
- Renewals may be done in person, by telephone or by using our online library catalog.
- InterLibrary Loan materials may be renewed at the discretion of the lending library.
Fines are as follows for overdue materials:
Books - $.10 per day
Audio books - $.10 per day
CDs - $.10 per day
DVDs - $.25 per day
InterLibrary Loan materials - $1.00 per day
- The maximum fine for any item (excluding InterLibrary Loan) is $5.00.
Last updated 4/11/2017
Copyright © St. Tammany Parish Library
All Rights Reserved.
Unofficial and external sites are not endorsed by the St. Tammany Parish Library.