Take Hwy 190 north through Covington. At the intersection of Hwy 190 and Hwy 25, go north on Hwy 25 for approximately 10 miles to Folsom. In Folsom, go one block past the second traffic light and turn left onto Rosa Cryer. Go one block and turn right onto Railroad Ave. The branch is located on the left.
Services and Collections:
Available for public use are 6 personal computers (with Internet), a black & white laser printer ($ .10 per page), and black & white photocopier ($ .10 per page) and a fax machine for sending and receiving faxes.
Folsom's collection consists of over 24,157 items, including books (regular and large print), magazines, videos, DVDs, audio cassettes and CDs. The collection emphasizes two subject areas, which are important in the Folsom area: horses and gardening.
There are 2 outside bookdrops. One is on the street in front of the branch. The other is located to the left of the front entrance.
The Folsom Branch Library opened on July 19, 1950 as part of the Library Demonstration project funded by the State of Louisiana. The first branch was located in a small frame building on Broadway St. During the mid 1980s, St. Tammany Parish voters approved a bond issue, which made it possible to construct the present branch building. The branch was constructed on the site of the old Folsom Train Depot. The contemporary style, 2,000 square foot building opened in 1987.